The Granville Island Turkey Trot is a hallmark event for Granville Island and the local Vancouver running community. Now in its 19th year, the event brings together families of runners in a celebration of Thanksgiving – demonstrating our community of running, our gratitude for the sport, and our commitment to supporting others.
The Granville Island Turkey Trot will return to Performance Works at Granville Island on Sunday, October 9 and Monday, October 10. Sunday will feature: registration, race bib pick-up, a children’s races, Expo, and our great merchandise “Turkey sale”. Monday offers registration, race bib pick-up, the merchandise “Turkey sale”, and a beautiful seawall 10KM race, followed by food, prizes, music and awards.
Make this fun run, walk or stroll part of your Thanksgiving tradition and celebrate by:
- Spending time with family
- Supporting the food bank
- Burning off all that Thanksgiving dinner with a 10KM run, walk or stroll run around the seawall
What’s unique about the Granville Island Turkey Trot?
- Supports local charities with cash and food donations
- Features family friendly runs and activities in the spirit of Thanksgiving
- Capped at 2,000 runners for the 10KM race, and 200 children for the Kids Run
- Considered one of the most scenic, flat and friendly running events in Vancouver
- Moms and Dads can push junior in the 10KM Tot Trot stroller division
- Prizes for costumes, teams and age category winners
- Free $20 gift card from Rackets & Runners valid on New Balance product
- Complimentary Stanley Park Beer for all adult runners courtesy of Mahony & Sons
- Complimentary bike valet
- Organized by a local non-profit Society
Dates, Time and Location
- Sunday, October 9, 2016 – Kids Run (12PM Noon)
- Monday, October 10, 2016 – Thanksgiving Monday – 10KM race (8:30AM)
Location: Granville Island in front of Performance Works at 1218 Cartwright St.
There will be a place to check (leave) your bag on Race Day.
Registration fee does not include a race garment. Instead, merchandise will be available at outrageously discounted prices at our “Turkey Sale” on Granville Island on both Sunday and Monday. New for 2016, your 10KM race registration will also include a finisher`s medal!
Timing Chip Pick-Up
Your timing chip is on your bib. Pick up it up during package pickup.
FREE parking until 1PM! Please arrive early as congestion can cause long line-ups. Carpool if possible, or if you are coming from downtown, consider taking the Aquabus. To encourage biking to the race, we are also providing a complimentary bike valet.
Race Day Island Closure
Granville Island access will be closed to traffic at 8:15am till 8:45am to facilitate the race start.
Race Refreshments and Festivities
- Post refreshments for all athletes, as well as delicious food after the race
- Complimentary beer voucher for all adult runners courtesy of Mahony & Sons
- Awards ceremony
- Race results
Top 3 overall male and female finishers and each age category’s top 3 male and female finishing runners of the Granville Island Turkey Trot 10KM race will be awarded with prizes. The largest team and best costume will also be awarded a prize. Those who make a cash or food donation will further have the chance to win 1 of 10 awesome prize packs!
Race results will be posted online immediately following the event.
The Vancouver International Marathon Society – a non-profit organization dedicated to the development of the sport of running and the staging of community based running events – now organizes the Granville Island Turkey Trot.