The Granville Island Turkey Trot is a hallmark event for Granville Island and the local Vancouver running community. The event brings together community in a celebration of Thanksgiving – demonstrating our running community, gratitude for the sport, and our commitment to supporting others.
The Granville Island Turkey Trot occurs annually over Thanksgiving Weekend. Sunday features a Kids Run and our Expo. Monday is the beautiful seawall 10KM race, followed by food, prizes, music and awards.
Make this fun run, walk or stroll part of your Thanksgiving tradition and celebrate:
- Spend time with family
- Support the Greater Vancouver Food Bank
- Burn off all that Thanksgiving dinner with a 10KM run, walk or stroll run around the seawall
What’s unique about the Granville Island Turkey Trot?
- Features family friendly runs and activities in the spirit of Thanksgiving
- Capped at 1,800 runners for the 10KM race, and 200 children for the Kids Run
- Considered one of the most scenic and friendly running events in Vancouver
- Moms and Dads can push junior in the 10KM Tot Trot stroller division
- Prizes for costumes, teams and age category winners
- Free $20 gift card from Rackets & Runners valid on New Balance product
- Supports local charity with cash and food donations
- Organized by a local non-profit Society
Dates, Time and Location
- Sunday, Kids Run (11AM)
- Monday, October Thanksgiving Monday – 10KM race (8:30AM)
Location: Granville Island in front of Performance Works at 1218 Cartwright St.
There will be a place to check and leave your bag on Race Day.
Your timing chip is on your bib. Pick up it up during package pickup.
Your 10KM race registration includes a finisher’s medal! Race merchandise will also be available for purchase.
FREE parking race day until 1PM! Please arrive early. Carpool if possible, or consider taking the Aquabus. There is also a complimentary bike valet.
Race Day Island Closure
Granville Island access will be closed to traffic 8:15am-8:45am to facilitate the race start.
Food and Festivities
- Post refreshments for all athletes, as well as delicious food after the race
- Awards ceremony
- Race results
Top three Age Category finishers, male and female, will be awarded an extra medal! The largest team and best costume will also win. Those who make a cash or food donation will further have the chance to win prizes!
Race results will be posted immediately following the event online.
RUNVAN® is a non-profit organization dedicated to the sport of running and the staging of community based running events. Join the RUNVAN® Hat-trick series.