Event InfoRace Details
This event is capped and expected to sell-out.
Rackets & Runners hosts Package Pickup at 3880 Oak St, Vancouver, BC, race week only, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Visit Rackets & Runners during Package Pickup hours. Race day pick-up is not available.
The Granville Island Turkey Trot is annually held on Thanksgiving Monday starting at 8:30am. Please arrive early. On race day, there is no vehicle access to Granville Island from 8am-9:30am. Free parking on Thanksgiving Monday is available on Granville Island until 1pm.
Safety is priority
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL AND FOLLOW ALL EVENT RESTRICTIONS
Safety continues to be a top priority for event organizers. In-person races will feature corrals and start waves. Participants will also have access to sanitation stations at multiple locations near package pickup, the Start Line Area, Finish Line Area and indoor venues. Masks are optional.
Event organizers continue to monitor all health guidelines and follow the appropriate regulations. Event details are always subject to change, as permits are subject to the approval from governing bodies. RUNVAN® has various plans that will adjust according to the guidelines of the Provincial Health Officer, City of Vancouver, and Vancouver Parks Board, to continue in-person racing. Participant safety is always a top priority.
Should organizers be forced to cancel the in-person event altogether, the RUNVAN® Deferral Policy will apply.
Deferral will include entry into this year’s Virtual Race, race swag, plus a partial discount into next year’s race.
Cancellation AFTER August 15, until race day in October:
- Entry to this year’s Granville Island Turkey Trot Virtual Race, race bonuses, AND
- 25% Deferral discount to one of the following three Granville Island Turkey Trot events
Refunds are not provided per race policies agreed to upon registration. Event funds are often spent well in advance of race day per traditional ordering timelines and supplier deposit terms, and registration can’t simply be returned. RUNVAN® invests in marketing, has fixed operational costs, plus makes large advance purchases. Since that product is ordered months in advance, refunds on products like medals and giveaways are unavailable. Registrants will still have an opportunity to complete the Virtual Race and collect their commemorative rewards.
Thank you for understanding.
What is Included
- Race Bib with Timing Chip
- Race Medal included
- New technical socks
- $25 off at Rackets & Runners (min. $75 spend)
- Food and light beverages
- Lee’s Donuts provided by non-profit RUNVAN
- Free parking on Granville Island until 1pm race day
- Bike valet, gear check and pacers from RUNVAN
- Road closures allowing you to run Burrard Bridge
- Two aid stations oncourse with Alkiss Water
- Post-race treats including from Nuun Hydration
- 16oz sleeve of Stanley Park Brewing Beer if of age
- Prizes for ‘largest team’ and ‘best costume’
- Options to donate and fundraise for charity
- Access to event photos through your runner profile
- Race Results, leaderboards, and more
- Race Medal included
- Technical socks or opt to go green
- Food, water, snacks, results, more
All runners are traditionally assigned a bib number and corral according to their estimated finish time. Please note race bibs may not be transferred for legal and liability reasons and per race policies. Personalized bibs and estimated finish times may be updated until approximately two weeks prior to the race.
Race day Package Pickup is unavailable. All runners must pick-up their race package during Package Pickup hours.
Location: Rackets & Runners – 3880 Oak St, Vancouver, BC
Dates: Race week, Friday, Saturday, Sunday only; No race day pickup
Times: Friday, Saturday, 10am-6pm, Sunday, pre-race, 11am-5pm
You will be required to present your bib number or confirmation number and picture ID in order to collect your race bib.
To pick-up another runner’s race package, please have their full name and confirmation number, a copy of their valid photo ID.
For groups larger than five, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with all the names in advance so we may prepare the packages ahead of time.
Your kit includes various race bonuses including a $25 Rackets & Runners gift card valid on a minimum spend. Additional souvenir merchandise may be purchased during online race registration only.
Times and details are subject to change. Please respect the safety protocols if on-site. Thank you.
$25 Rackets & Runners gift card valid on a minimum spend
*Please present valid ID
Thanksgiving Monday, join a beautiful 10KM race around Vancouver’s False Creek Seawall.
When may I run the race?
IN-PERSON : THANKSGIVING MONDAY
- 10KM : 8:30am start
- Kids Run : 8:50am start
Start Live In-Person
In-Person: Please arrive early on race day, Thanksgiving Monday.
- Access: Granville Island vehicle access along Cartwright St will be closed from 8am to 9:30am. RUNVAN® thanks Granville Island, the City of Vancouver, Vancouver Police Department and Vancouver Park Board for their assistance with road detours to annually host this community race on Thanksgiving Monday.
- Parking: Free parking is available until 1pm on race day, Thanksgiving Day Monday, on Granville Island. Parking restrictions will be in place along Cartwright St, Old Bridge St, Duranleau St and Anderson St.
- Toilets: Portable outdoor toilets will be available near Performance Works. Limited washroom facilities are also available inside Performance Works.
- Gear Check: The gear-check area is located in front of Performance Works, east of the Start Line.
- Place all items you’d like checked into your own bag, ideally a clear see-through bag.
- Detach the tear-off tag at the bottom of your race bib, and attach it to your clear see-through bag.
- Hand your one checked bag to the volunteers at Gear Check.
- After you finish, return to Gear Check and show your race bib to collect your bag.
Available for registered 10KM runners only.
Note: RUNVAN® is not responsible for lost or damaged goods, and all clothing discarded near the Start Line will be donated to charity.
- Pacers: Pacers will help guide runners with the 10KM goal times of 40min, 45min, 50min, 55min, 60min, 1hr 5min, 1hr 10min. Pacers will be visible with RUNVAN® pacer shirts and signs.
- 10KM Corrals: Start waves feature five colour-coded corrals: 8:30am Black, 8:33am Grey, 8:36am Blue, 8:39am Yellow, 8:42am Pink. Prior to your estimated Start Time, you’ll be invited to enter the Start Line Area. ie. Black corral may enter at 8:25am for their 8:30am start, Grey enters 8:30-8:33am, Blue 8:33-8:36am, and so on. Please enter at the back of the Start Line Area when your colour-coded corral is called.
- Kids Run: Start for the Kids Run is estimated to be at 8:50am after the 10KM clears. Please have the older or faster kids line up at the front of the corral for the timed looped course, finishing where they start.
- Sanitization: Sanitization stations will be set-up in multiple locations, including near the Start Line Area. You’re encouraged to utilize these services and are reminded to please stay home if you feel unwell.
Finish Line In-Person
In-Person: Thanksgiving Day Monday 10KM.
- Overview: The Granville Island Turkey Trot 10KM is officially measured and marked. The Finish Line is eight meters North of Island Park Walk, off the Seawall and before the wooden footbridge. Please be cautious of your footing on the Seawall and near the Finish Line which can be slippery if wet. The Kids Run is a timed loop around Granville Island, starting and finishing in the same location near Performance Works.
- Water: Water will be available at approximately 5.5KM oncourse, on the Northside of False Creek underneath Granville St. Bridge, on the Southside underneath Granville St. Bridge, and almost immediately after you cross the 10KM Finish Line.
- Medals: Medals will be awarded to all finishers! Please continue down the wooden walkway and turn left after passing Performance Works to collect one race medal per registered runner. Kids receive ribbons.
- Food: Food will be available for runners as you continue on towards Performance Works and the outdoor Food Tent. Please help yourself to one serving of each item.
- Results: Chip timed results will be posted online at turkeytrotrun.ca/results
- Chip Times: Overall and Age Group Placings will be determined by Chip Time, not Gun Time. Your official timing chip is included on your race bib which must be visible at both the Start Line and Finish Line. Your time will officially start once you cross the Start Line timing mats.
- Awards: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Age Group Placings will be awarded gold, silver, bronze Age Category Medals inside at Performance Works post-race by gender Male, Female, Non-Binary. 1st, 2nd, 3rd Overall in the Kids Run will also be presented with gold, silver, bronze medals. There’s also a prize for ‘Best Costume’
- Patience: Please note there may be cues for certain services such as the toilets or Gear Check. Please be patient. Thank you!
Where is the Race Course?
In-Person: The scenic and fast 10KM race starts at Granville Island and loops over the Burrard Bridge to the Seawall, before turning at Science World and heading back along the Seawall to the energetic Finish Line on Granville Island. You’ll pass parks and run along the world-famous Seawall to a unique finish.
Note: If you are running the Virtual Race, please choose your own route that is pedestrian friendly. Use caution if running outside, and be alert of pedestrian and vehicle traffic. Please also be respectful of safety concerns and follow the lead of your local health authorities. The Kids Run is virtual this year.